- 3 qualities for the basis of Imamate: Guidance from Allah, Patience, Yaqin/conviction in Allah's signs
- 8th Imam has summarized the pillars of character building
- Practical implications of true belief
- God is known as Sattaru'l Uyub - concealer of [our] defects
- Testifying about the good qualities of the deceased in Namaz-e-Mayyit
- A trait of being gentle towards others
- Patience as a strength not weakness
- Tradition of linking happy occassions to the life of the Ahlul Bayt
- Three traits from the 8th Imam for Imaan can also be applied to marriage relationships
- The benefits of Ziyarat in Mashhad
"We have to exercise the same quality of Allah, concealing people's secrets. Bury it in your chest, don't expose it. The problem is that it goes down from the chest to the belly, & you can't digest it. It just has to come out. That's where problems begin: gossiping, exposing, & talking about others."
"Humans don't live in isolation. We are social beings, we can't survive alone. This is where the importance of being gentle in interactions is important, following the example of the Prophet."
"Look at how we interact as a community, especially towards newcomers. If complete strangers enter & we say 'oh our food will be less today', then our attitude needs to change."
"Patience, in a secular environment, is considered a sign of weakness. Whereas in Islam it's considered power & strength. You may give in, in a stressful situation, do things which aren't right. But maintaining your dignity & trust in God, & facing difficulties would be considered your true strength."
"Patience is power & strength, whereas a lack of patience is weakness. Not the other way around"
"When we talk about being kind and charitable to people, our mind is looking at others. We don't realize that people includes those who are our closest. It starts at home. This is where we see amazing contradictions. A person is so polite to the community and the poeple, but at home he is a Fir'awn."
WIladat of 8th Imam Ali ibn Musa ar-Ridha (a.s.)
Recited By: Maulana Syed Muhammad Rizvi
Date: September 7th, 2014