- Vigilance against misguidance and deviation
- Misguidance in the form of Religious Guidance
- Are Ulema needed in Islam?
- Confusion about making one's own decisions independently due to easy availability of lectures and translated literature
- The Current Trend of Akhbariyyat
- Telling others that we Don't need Ulema, under the command of a Leader; Takes you back to square one
- Authenticity of Ahadith
- Concept of Ulema is described in Sura Tawbah and the ahadith
- Taliban's manipulation and brainwashing
- Not everyone who wears the Aalim's garb is an Aalim
- Doing Azadari without being a Namazi
- Illogical reasoning of doing matam for Imam Hussain, but not seeing Salaat as a requirement of being Muslim
- Illogical Mentality of "I do not like the Masjid because it is where Imam Ali was killed"
- Islam doesn't say refrain from reading and do not keep an open mind. But it has to be with the appropriate guidance of the Ahlul Bayt, and on the path of Wisdom
- Prophet Muhammad: "There are two kinds of orphans: one who is cut from father and mother, and the worse kind, who is an orphan from the link of the Imam of the time. He doesn't know the rulings of the Imam" 11th Imam expands on this, saying "And therefore if someone among our Shia has knowledge, and an ignorant person ignores him, he has orphaned himself from that ulema"
"A person is so concerned about what enters his belly, but isn't concerned about what enters his mind."
"You can't become a mujtahid off the internet"
Friday Juma Khutba
Recited By: Maulana Syed Muhammad Rizvi
Date: February 22nd, 2013