Recited By: Maulana Syed Muhammad Rizvi
Date: July 26th, 2013
- The rules of fasting are clear; abstain from what is bad for you
- Fasting from the beginning of Fajr to the beginning of the Night
- You CANNOT drink water
- "...those who are unable to do it [fasting] should give fidya..."
- Old age: pay fidya per day
- Medical reason: pay fidya per day.
- Pregnancy / Nursing: pay fidya + qaza.
- Illness: do qaza.
- If you are overcome by extreme thirst, you can drink water ONLY to sustain yourself
- Your fast will not be valid and you will have to do qaza; there is no kaffarah required.
- If you can't bear the heat/thirst (e.g. working outside in the summer) , same situation applies as above.